Slideshow and module by 888 poker review
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

What is the MiniPwner XL?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: What is the MiniPwner XL?

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 4 years, 9 months ago #1796

Sure, through the use of GPIOs. Using the hardware switch on the 3020 or the reset button on the 3040 does not require a computer, but theoretically you can add switches to available GPIOs and script them to do whatever you like. Doesn't work any differently from the built in switches and buttons.
USB I2C can also be used together with a bus expander to add GPIOs without having to open up the device. You can even have multiple switches to switch certain software components on and off, and extra LEDs to indicate status of selected running processes. As usual, the possibilities are endless

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 4 years, 9 months ago #1799

• spyro
  • Junior Boarder
  • boss with the sauce
This sounds incredibly challenging and incredibly fun. Definitely going to look into this and try it out.
Any how-tos on going about this that you know of?

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 4 years, 9 months ago #1800

Sure, depends on how you want to go about it.
For a button which is already built into the device, see wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/hardware.button
Using GPIOs may require compiling the firmware yourself, but I'm not sure. If you can make the hardware button do cool stuff with scripting, then you're half way there. The rest is just triggering the script.
This is also pretty cool: openwrt.dtech.hu/projects/LCDclock/

EDIT: There is a kernel module for I2C tiny USB so you don't have to compile anything. Keen to try this myself, since I have all the parts to build it... See wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/usb.i2c-tiny-usb
For something like switching modes, it's a little over the top compared to using existing GPIOs, given the space it requires and the price. But still worth looking into
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by megal0maniac.

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 4 years, 7 months ago #1832

I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but nobody else seems to have spotted this. The MR3040 is now MiniPwner's best friend! I'll say no more. Do you see it?

www.tp-link.com.au/resources/images/prod.../TL-MR3040-V2-03.jpg

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 4 years, 6 months ago #1864

• jargon
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree with megal0maniac.

The MR3040 works perfectly. I did a little hardware hack (very ugly hack, I know and bad quality (blurry) pictures (blame my crappy phone camera )

Blogged about it here with pics:
Link: This is a link

Between my studies (CCNA) and work, I havent had much time playing around with it in the field though. But will when I'm on leave in a couple if months time.

--
Regards,
Jargon
Attachments:
Regards,
Jargon
Last Edit: 4 years, 6 months ago by jargon. Reason: Gammar

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 4 years, 6 months ago #1866

Fancy meeting you here. It was me who commented on that blog post
Welcome to the forum and hello from Cape Town!
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
2011. © 2014 Kevin Bong / Michael Vieau
Auto Insurance Quotes