Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

What is the MiniPwner XL?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: What is the MiniPwner XL?

What is the MiniPwner XL? 5 years, 7 months ago #665

• bongk
  • Administrator
First off a big thank you to everyone whose built or bought a MiniPwner or in other ways been part of this project.

So I've got what I think is a cool idea, I think you all in the community could make it even better.

Check out the TPLink TL-MR3020 www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-MR3020

Its very similar to the TL-WR703N with these differences:
- Its larger
- It has 5 LED's and a three-way switch
- Its easier to get a hold of in the US
- It runs about $40

So my thought is to use this as a platform for a new MiniPwner version. I believe with the three way switch it could be configured to have three different personalities that change just by changing the switch:
1. Traditional MiniPwner drop box. Wifi AP and DHCP on the wire.
2. Passive wireless monitor. Basically power it up and it launches kismet and logs any wifi traffic it can see.
3. Jasager/Wifi Pineapple mode. Performs WiFi AP spoofing and wireless MITM attacks.

I'd love your thoughts about other personalities or other improvements to try to wrap in. I think a web UI, mounting the FAT partition, and getting tutorials for SSH reverse tunnel and VPN session setups are some of the key things that could be added. Its not easy to open up the MR3020 but once you do I think there's plenty of space to mount an internal battery pack.

And we need to come up with a good name for the new version.

Kevin

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 5 years, 7 months ago #666

• Nexus
  • Junior Boarder
Sounds good :3,

I'd love to be apart of the project, I should be able to obtain an MR3020 pretty soon, And I had a port of the Pineapple UI running on the minipwner, If you port it then add maybe a few features esclusivly, you have your own UI (*Nods Wisely*).

The name I used for the port is 'CrossFire'. If you want to use that

nexus

PS (I sent you an email:P)

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 5 years, 7 months ago #674

• Cr4cky
  • Fresh Boarder
Greetings bongk....saw that you mentioned this model in the how-to build section, and built one because I could get the hardware quickly. I acquired the hardware a week or so ago, followed the tut, and had one running in a couple hours. I am not a developer, but simply loved the idea of this hack and had to have one! Figured this had been done already and have been following the forums when I came across the new post. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 5 years, 6 months ago #693

• bongk
  • Administrator
nexus I didn't receive your email. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 5 years, 6 months ago #712

• Nexus
  • Junior Boarder
Just ordered my MR3020, starting coding a modified version of Jasager UI and sk far its going good, ill need some ideas to add thats unique to a minipwner though, i had an idea for reprogramming the mode switch..

P.S-(Im calling the UI "Crossfire")

Feel free to use the name, i hate copyright.

Re: What is the MiniPwner XL? 5 years, 6 months ago #714

• bongk
  • Administrator
Yeah I started down a similar path. Got the host-apd-Karma patch, was able to compile by using a rev of OpenWrt from like March but a bunch of other packages didn't compile. Then I started adding on the packages and code from Jasager, but I got stuck trying to get PHP to run under the web server, seems to be an issue that PHP and the server are running from USB. So I think my next step may be to move my root over to the USB and try again.

But yeah - my ultimate goal is a MiniPwner MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder)
- "The Mole" - standard Minipwner mode, eth0 is DHCP and Wifi is AP.
- "The Voyeur" - flip it on and it logs all visible wifi and eth0 traffic to the USB.
- "The Yes Man" - Jasager

Kevin
The following user(s) said Thank You: spyro
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds
2011. © 2014 Kevin Bong / Michael Vieau
Auto Insurance Quotes