Username Password: Remember me

Cannot connect to pwner at all
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot connect to pwner at all

Cannot connect to pwner at all 4 years, 7 months ago #1849

• shutin
  • Fresh Boarder
I followed the quick build script guide to getting my pwner up and was successful at the following:

I can plug the pwner into my macbook via ethernet and set it up to connect to my wifi AP. It can download packages and ping out (with my macbook disconnected from my AP)

However, I can't unplug it from my macbook and access it via my wifi LAN. It appears to be connected but is in a total stealth mode. I can't ping it or access any services on it, but I can see that it obtained a lease if I log into my wifi router. So I assume it can still ping out and connect to the internet at large but I can't access it at all locally.

Is this by design? I'm sure it would be ideal during a pentest to have the thing be as invisible as possible but how am I supposed to access it? Why is it that I can access SSH and HTTP when I plug it into my macbook but not get any services when it is connected to my wifi AP?

The only way I deviated from the guide was to assign 192.168.1.3 as the ethernet IP so it wouldn't interfere with my router but that doesn't seem to matter since it is grabbing *.235 as a dhcp address from my router. I cannot access anything on *.3 or *.235.

Do I need to set up autossh to connect out to some ip to make this thing work or did I miss some part of the setup?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Cannot connect to pwner at all 4 years, 6 months ago #1850

• bongk
  • Administrator
The build script should leave it in a state where the WIFI is in Access Point mode broadcasting the SSID "TLINK". When you connect to TLINK you should get a DHCP address in the 192.168.50 range, and the router should be at 192.168.50.1. You should be able to ssh or telnet to 50.1 at that point.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds
2011. © 2014 Kevin Bong / Michael Vieau
Auto Insurance Quotes