No Access to the Device
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: No Access to the Device

No Access to the Device 4 years, 7 months ago #1844

• drxpanini
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone,

I'm having a few issues with the TP-LINK WR703N. I followed the build on the main page, managed to flash the device, etc, etc. however when I try to connect back to the device on 192.168.1.1 I keep getting page cannot be displayed. I pinged the device to see if I could get any response from it, and it pinged fine.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Is there a way to reset the device back to factory settings so I can start a again?

Thanks

Re: No Access to the Device 4 years, 7 months ago #1845

Hi drxpanini

The easy answer is yes, you can restore defaults. Just follow the instructions here: wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr703n#failsafe.mode
Take note of which version of the device you have as timing differs.
Also look at wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/generic.failsafe

Short version is that you'll have telnet access to the device at 192.168.1.1
You can either mount your root fs and have a look at what might be causing the problem, or if you don't feel comfortable doing that, then just run "firstboot" and you'll be good to go.

M

Re: No Access to the Device 4 years, 7 months ago #1846

• shutin
  • Fresh Boarder
It's not obvious or mentioned on the pages what to do after you get a failsafe prompt so I'll add some info here..

After you successfully log in via telnet, type

mount_root

then type

passwd

This will turn on ssh and http and set the password you want. The prompt when you initially log in neglects to mention you have to type mount_root in order to mount a filesystem that you can save a password to! Very frustrating.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds
2011. © 2014 Kevin Bong / Michael Vieau
Auto Insurance Quotes