Completely Fresh Start?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Completely Fresh Start?

Completely Fresh Start? 4 years, 9 months ago #1780

• spyro
  • Junior Boarder
  • boss with the sauce
So something happened when i went to use my mp. I'm not sure exactly what but it seems that the only things that are still on it are what happens at sstep 25 and after.
When i go to look for the minipwner tar file, its not there.
I know i had it working a while back but now I just need to completely erase everything on it and start over new.
Is there an easy was to do this or am i going to have to manually go in a rm everything?

Re: Completely Fresh Start? 4 years, 9 months ago #1781

• DaveDonaire
  • Junior Boarder
Look at step 14 of the build instructions:
*** If you mess up anything after this point, enter the command "firstboot" into your telnet session, reboot, and you will be right back here.***

I recently did that on mine. But I am stuck at installing the kernel. It says mine is up to date, but further package installations say it is not. I believe I just need to manually install the newest kernel, but I haven't had time to figure it out. I just wanted to warn you.

Re: Completely Fresh Start? 4 years, 8 months ago #1814

The out of date kernel problem is caused by the fact that you're using a trunk build. Packages are frequently regenerated, and their dependencies change every time there is an update to the kernel.

The way around this is to install a static build (i.e the Derbycon build, or an official beta/rc/release)
Sometimes you can fool opkg by not running opkg update, or deleting /tmp/opkg-lists and then using "opkg install http:/ /full.path.to.ipk.file"

Personally, I'm running Attitude Adjustment RC1 and installing packages which I can't find in the official packages from the Derbycon build. I say that static builds are the way to go, because I got very tired of not being able to install new packages if I left my router for less than a day.
Last Edit: 4 years, 8 months ago by megal0maniac.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds
2011. © 2014 Kevin Bong / Michael Vieau
Auto Insurance Quotes