Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Status of hostapd-karma
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Status of hostapd-karma

Status of hostapd-karma 1 year, 9 months ago #947

TL;DR version: it's gonna take a while.

The OpenWRT folks just started putting Attitude Adjustment as a beta instead of simply the unstable trunk. This is good for us but also bad because the new hostapd-karma patches I had been working on a while back for the newer kernel don't work any more because the hostapd source changed dramatically(again). This means I have to go through the source code and attempt to create those patches all over again.

I'm debating whether to do this now or later after Attitude Adjustment's code base is a bit more stable because I already don't have enough time to work on this project much so doing it multiple times really isn't going to help us along.

To make matters worse, the OpenWRT team have changed a lot of how the compilation process works apparently because many of the old commands for setting up to make patches are not working as they were even a couple months ago, AND they haven't updated their documentation to describe these changes so I now have to dig through their (horrible) forums to find a nugget of info that tells me what changes were made, if such a post even exists. The search function there pretty much sucks so this isn't remotely easy.

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to know that I'm still working on it but it will indeed take a while thanks to the sweeping changes they have made on the overall project. I'm having issues out of dnsmasq on the old setup for some reason or else I'd stick with using it until everything is completely stable.

Re: Status of hostapd-karma 1 year, 9 months ago #956

• synap53
  • Fresh Boarder
The ipk you posted here www.lapooh.com/index.php/forum/5-minipwn...pd-karma-now-working worked for me with the latest firmware: ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT 12.09-beta, r33312. Just opkg --force-overwrite install.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by synap53.

Re: Status of hostapd-karma 1 year, 9 months ago #957

That's good to know. I'm having a lot of issues getting it to work if I compile it and the current kernel together. I'm not 100% sure why as of yet. Currently I've got a build of 30750 that works fine except kismet won't compile due to some missing libraries. I was able to pull it off of the 12.09 beta along with the libraries and it works fine.

Re: Status of hostapd-karma 10 months, 3 weeks ago #1888

• Clowni
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello to everybody,

Any success on getting karma work in a community edition firmware?

Thanks!

Re: Status of hostapd-karma 9 months, 2 weeks ago #1893

Someone named "Dominic White" has kindly updated the original patch to work with the hostapd v2 source.
www.verious.com/tutorial/hostapd-v2-0-karma-edition/

There are no binaries floating around, but it should be simple enough for it to be patched and compiled.
Any takers?
ar71xx AA 12.09 stable.

There is a version posted here: minipwner.com/index.php/forum/5-minipwne...pd-karma-now-working
But I haven't been able to test it. It most likely won't work.

Re: Status of hostapd-karma 9 months ago #1898

• intheDMZ
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't have a WR703N myself, I lost it, but I love the idea behind it, so i've built a quick image with hostapd-karma that should be working. The wireless/network/firewall etc config files are already built in so you just need to change your MAC address in the wireless file and you should be good to go. Let me know if it work properly.

use the sysupgrade.bin for a flash over a existing openwrt build and the factory.bin for a fresh install from factory firmware.

use at your own risk!

Download
The following user(s) said Thank You: megal0maniac
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
2011. © 2012 Kevin Bong Consulting DBA MiniPwner
Auto Insurance Quotes